Friday 12 September 2014

Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel - Radiant Skin in a Bottle

After running out of my REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask, I fancied trying something a bit different (I am pretending to be a blogger after all) and picked up the Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel. This mask uses Papaya and Pineapple fruit enzymes to brighten and clarify the skin while using more soothing ingredients like Milk Protein and Marine algae to moisturise and repair the skin. This is actually the first Elemis product I’ve tried so I had high hopes.



The first thing I noticed when I started using this mask was the amazing smell – I’ve found that very few products I’ve bought recently actually smell like the ingredients so I was pleasantly surprised when this did actually smell like papaya (if you’ve had a look at my recent empties posts, I’m sure you’ll have gathered that I’m a fan). I left this on for just under 15 minutes as the mask recommends and wiped it off using a flannel to brighter looking skin. My pores looked smaller; my skin tone looked more even which made my skin look clearer and my skin felt clean but still hydrated and comfortable. To compare it with the REN Glycolactic Mask, I would say that this mask feels like a slightly milder baby sister while giving similar results making it the perfect option for those with more sensitive skin. The prices are very similar with the REN mask sitting at £30 and Elemis mask sitting at £29.50 on Look Fantastic (full price this is £31).  


I’ve definitely been impressed with this little Elemis number and next time I see a gap in my skincare shelf (or I’m feeling a bit spendy) I’ll be heading over the Elemis counter. 

4 comments :