Monday 5 May 2014

A Hagrid Worthy Hair Treatment - Ojon Rare Blend Deep Conditioner

I've had to deal with dry, frizzy hair for 22 years. It doesn't really help that I used to use bleach regularly and that I still use heat on my hair a lot more than I should. Although, if I didn’t I’d make Hagrid look he belongs in a L'oreal advert… Saying that, I do try to take care of my hair and over the years have tried a lot (and I mean a lot) of shampoos, conditioners, hair oils, conditioning treatments, leave in conditioners etc in an attempt to calm the frizz and keep my hair moisturised and manageable. The frizz isn’t going anywhere, but I have found a number of great products which have reduced breakage and keep my hair well nourished.
The Ojon Rare Blend Deep Conditioner is without a doubt, the best hair treatment I have tried. Ojon products are fab, although be it a bit on the expensive side. I wasn’t a massive fan of the original Rare Blend Oil, as I found it was too heavy for my hair (which is quite a statement considering I prefer to use the amped up version of hair oils to try to tame the beast that is my hair), so when I ordered the Rare Blend Deep Conditioner I wasn’t too sure what to expect. If anything, I was convinced that it would be reserved for the very ends of my hair. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. It’s considered a dual phase treatment –

The amber is a restorative blend of 7 rare oils including pure hair-repairing Ojon Oil plus African Shea, Brazilian Muru Muru, and Indian Kokum butters.
And the Ivory is a moisture-rich cream infused with deeply nourishing plant-derived conditioners.

So it’s definitely doing a lot to the hair and unlike a lot of conditioning treatments, it isn’t just smoothing over the cuticle while doing very little to help repair and moisturise the hair in the long run. I’m certainly not a hair expert but what I do know is that it leaves my hair feeling so silky and hydrated but without feeling heavy. I can get a comb through my hair while it’s damp even without using a leave-in conditioner and I’ve found that I can even get away with not using a hair oil on the my ends and surprisingly my hair doesn’t end up looking like it’s badly needing a trim.

It is a thick texture but not a lot of needed to full coat the mid to end lengths of my hair. With hair treatments, I pop them on after washing my hair; I cover my hair in a shower cap and take a book into the bath for half an hour. I do look a tad ridiculous but it means that the heat from the bath is helping the conditioning treatment to penetrate deeper in to my hair.


At £29, it certainly isn’t cheap so I’m definitely still on the lookout for something a bit more purse friendly. 

Ojon Rare Blend Deep Conditioner

2 comments :

  1. Hey Girl,
    Just came across your page, I love it :D

    I am new to youtube just started a channel, please take a moment to subscribe :)

    www.youtube.com/50shadesofdior

    would appreciate it and of course subscribe back :P

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete